Administrator account (or Administrator privileges)
Any OS XP SP3 and newer (any OS that supports .NET 4)
.NET 4 (if the destination computer does not have .NET 4, the installer will download and install it) Current Release
Date: 17 APR 2014
File Name: HomingBeaconSetup_4.1.0.exe
MD5: CC0AAEE8E284DD4286C5E81E4E53A6A0How it Works
Homing Beacon is comprised of two major components:
1. The UI
-HomingBeaconGUI.exe is a collection of Windows Forms that allow the user to configure and monitor the application.
2. The Service
-HomingBeaconService.exe is a Windows Service that interacts with the ChangeIP.com API. Installation
1. Download and run the HomingBeacon 4.1.0.exe from here: http://www.changeip.com/accounts/downloads.php
2. Let the install wizard install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full if you do not already have it
3. Choose Next --> Accept License Agreement --> Install --> FinishSetup
1. Once launched full in your email (or username) and password into the "ChangeIP Credentials" Field
2. Fill in the domain you wish to update and which set in the "Update Type" field
3. Choose the "Update Frequency" setting to the amount of time in between checks for an updated IP. You Can choose from 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, and 30 minutes.
4. Choose "Start"
**Once configured you can come back and edit these settings at any time.
**You will be able to perform a 'Force update' for the domain in question if necessary.