This article is a collection of answers to frequently asked questions about Email Quotas.
- How do I check my quota usage?
- Login with your email address and password at https://webmail.changeip.com
- In the top-right corner, there is a thin horizontal bar beneath your email address which shows your quota usage
- This bar will change color as your storage reaches quota limits (from Green to Yellow)
- How much quota do I have?
- Login to Client Area, Products and Services: https://www.changeip.com/accounts/clientarea.php?action=products
- Find the email domain you would like to check, and click the small manage button to the right of it
- Click the "Manage Mailboxes" button at the bottom of the page
- On each email address's line, there is a 'Quota' column listing what your quota is set to.
- What do I do if I am over my Email Quota?
- You can do a number of things when you are over quota.
- Delete email from your account:
- You can login to https://webmail.changeip.com and delete some messages (look for messages with large attachments)
- If you are using IMAP with your email client, look for large messages, especially ones with large attachments and delete them (you can save them to your local computer, usually by dragging/dropping them from the IMAP folder to one that is local in your email client)
- If you are using POP, check your email client's settings. It is possible your client is not deleting messages after it retrieves them via POP3. This can lead to filling up a quota very quickly.
- Upgrade your quota (see the next question)
- How do I increase my Quota?
- Login to Client Area, Products Services: https://www.changeip.com/accounts/clientarea.php?action=products
- Find the email domain you would like to upgrade, and click the small manage button to the right of it
- At the bottom of the page, click the "Upgrade/Downgrade Options" button
- On the right-hand side, click the new quota/storage/size level you would like
- Click Continue (at the bottom)
- Follow the Checkout process to pay for the new storage
- Your quota is immediately increased upon payment. You can now receive mail again.
Add to Favourites Print this Article